The following reading, Cleaving to Christ is adapted from F.E. Marsh’s, 500 Bible Readings.1
The following seven ways will indicate how we can cleave to Christ:
- By prayerful dependence upon Him (Phil 4:6).
- By being taught by Him (Matt 11:29).
- By ready response to His word (John 14:21).
- By whole-hearted surrender to Him (Rom 12:1).
- By separation from the ungodly (2 Cor 6:17).
- By living a life of faith upon Him (Gal. 2:20).
- By waiting for Him (1 Thess 1:10).
1. 500 Bible Readings, Marsh, F.E., (London: Marshall Brothers,1897). Reading number 51.