The following reading, The Name of Jesus in the Epistle to the Hebrews., is from F.E. Marsh’s 500 Bible Readings1.
- As Son of Man. “But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death” (Heb. 2:9).
- As our High Priest. “We have a great High Priest, who is passed into the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God” (Heb. 4:14, and 6:20).
- As our Surety. “By so much was Jesus made a Surety of a better testament” (Heb. 7:22).
- As the Way into the holiest. “Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus” (Heb. 10:19).
- As the Author of faith. “Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith” (Heb. 12:2).
- As our Mediator. “And to Jesus the Mediator of the new covenant” (Heb. 12:24)’
- As our Sanctifier. “Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own blood, suffered without the gate” (Heb. 13:12).
1. 500 Bible Readings, Marsh, F.E. Reading number 171.Marsh, F.E., (London: Marshall Brothers,1897). Reading number 236.